Prep time: 0:15
Total time: 0:30
Categories: Soup & Stew
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 sweet potatoes (1Â½ lbs), peeled and cut into Â½ inch cubes
- 2 cubs chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ripe pear, peeled and cut into Â½ inch cubes
- 1 cup milk
Heat oil in medium pan over medium heat. Add onion and saut 3 minutes. Add ginger and salt 30 seconds. Add sweet potatoes, broth and cinnamon.
Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to low and simmer 15 minutes., until tender.
Add pear, simmer 5 more minutes. Add salt and pepper.
Pure until smooth, stir in milk. We used a lactose free 1% milk, but a coconut or soy milk would also work well.